disapproving kitty

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

TIL

Tomorrow our district is rolling out online classrooms for every student. It is simultaneously too much and not enough, and I'm reeling a bit from all the new info to assimilate.

Today I Learned:
The very basics of how to use Zoom for a virtual classroom experience.
How to create a bitmoji of myself.
Why the bitmoji app > the bitmoji Chrome extension in every possible respect.
Why browsers without installed scrollbars are crap, especially when you do not have the access to add them as an extension. (this was a re-learning moment, tbh. I already knew it, but it's even more frustrating when you're learning more new tech and it won't work because you can't scroll.)
How to share an assignment and a page in Canvas. (only one of those works, though.)
There is so much more to learn about using Canvas fluidly that maybe it's a good thing we'll be doing this for a long time.
How to create and share a Kidblog page.
That iPads can just share PDFs into Notability or other Apps directly, no down and uploading required.
That the recipe I found for gluten free pie crust is a good one actually worth eating.
That every teacher I work with is willing to step up and change everything with little notice, without any real griping about it when the need arises.
I really, really miss my students already.

I also learned from a friend's blog late last night that I have to get over obsessing about when all this will be over, and when will we return to normal, and move, as gracefully as I can, into How. How will I adapt, how can I help my family, how can I help everyone get through this for as long as it is. How is answerable and useful where When is not. I'm still mourning all the losses and the ones to come, but as best I can, I'm moving into How.

That's what I learned today.

Just imagine what I will learn tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment