disapproving kitty

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Go small squirrel, stop thunder turtle

I'm debating whether to even write anything today, as I just don't have much to say and I feel like going to bed.  Could I get away with just a haiku or something?  I used to have refrigerator magnet haiku, before I had small children. Now I have alphabet refrigerator magnets and a little toy that pronounces all the letters and sings the alphabet song when you push a button.  Should I accidentally push it while getting something from the back of the freezer it scares the bejeezus out of me.

When I did have the haiku magnets, I got really frustrated with searching for words, not even sure if the word was even there, so I wound up grouping them all alphabetically by letter.  They weren't alphabetical within the letter groupings, though -- I'm not that obsessive.  No, really, I'm not.  I just hated looking and looking for a word, not knowing if it was worth the effort of looking.  I hate solving puzzles or math problems like that, too, where the teacher would say "Maybe there's no answer!  Keep trying!"  Unless I know the thing I'm searching for is actually there, I don't want to bother with looking.  I would make a very poor archaeologist.

But the haiku magnets are all put away now, and my refrigerator is covered with alphabet magnets and kids drawings and various papers of things-I-must-not-forget-about-or-lose.  So no haiku for tonight.  Instead, maybe just the poem J wrote with my haiku magnets, part of which is still there, because I liked it: "Go small squirrel/Stop thunder turtle"  He thought it seemed like something that would be said in an anime kids' cartoon.  Now it's just another one of those odd little bits of us for guests to wonder at when they visit.

And it makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment